Welcome to the Legal Forums! Please Register For Free Now!

At the Legal Forums members stay up to date on what is legal, new laws and state laws. Legal Forum members can read about legal definitions, weird laws, legal rights, legal services and law answers.

The Legal Forums have over 42,000+ Legal Forum members and 45,000+ Legal Forum posts! Please register on the Legal Forums for free today! Registration will give you full access to the Legal Forums and takes just a moment to complete. We welcome you to our Legal Forum community! Please Join Us Right Now!
+ Reply to Thread

Default By law, are you supposed to get paid for jury duty by your employer?

I am on jury duty. It's going to be a pretty long case. My employer is not going to pay me. Others have told me that it is illegal not to pay me. Is this true?

Legal Forum Partner
    Law Forum Posts

No, it's not true. Jury duty pay from your employer is a benefit, not a right. Check out: U.S. Department of Labor - Find It By Topic - Leave Benefits - Jury Duty

Your employer must allow you time off to serve on a jury, however.

+ Reply to Thread

Legal Forums Thread Information on By law, are you supposed to get paid for jury duty by your employer?