Welcome to the Legal Forums! Please Register For Free Now!
At the Legal Forums members stay up to date on what is legal, new laws and state laws. Legal Forum members can read about legal definitions, weird laws, legal rights, legal services and law answers.
The Legal Forums have over 30,000+ Legal Forum members and 35,000+ Legal Forum posts! Please register on the Legal Forums for free today! Registration will give you full access to the Legal Forums and takes just a moment to complete. We welcome you to our Legal Forum community! Please Join Us Right Now!
I know it is illegal to operate a cellphone jamming device, but is the purchase and importation legal from a retail company to a US citizen?
i'm trying to find the answer but it seems its unavailable But let's try to base it on the root of the law if the operation is illegal and then definitely purchase would be illegal as well because what will be your intention in purchasing an equipment if the end result would be using the equipment as well. what do you think?
Another example of note may be that in some areas, pot is illegal but the sale of pot-related growing and smoking equipment isn't.
In some areas, head shops are legitimate businesses.
It's interesting stuff
whether legal or not---- there are really some people who are itching to have this which is not a good thing.
I thought only in cable connection have jammers.. Just know now that there are also cellphone jammers? how they will do that?
consumer reports online
Last edited by whitney0125; 03-24-2010 at 08:57 AM.
Where are the Uses of Cell Phone Jammers?
Examples of places where cell phone use may not be allowed include:
Businesses (conferences, board of directors rooms, seminars, meeting rooms)
Government buildings and government complexes
Law enforcement facilities
Drug enforcement facilities
Prison facilities, jails, etc.
Courts of law and court houses
Military installations, military complexes, and military training centres
In accordance with fire code regulations, mobile phones must be switched "off" in any area that has a potentially explosive atmosphere, including petrol service stations where sparks could cause an explosion or fire. These preventable accidents occur more frequently than most people realize. Areas where mobile phone use is prohibited include:
Petrol/ gas stations
Oil refineries and storage facilities
Offshore oil platforms
Petrol/gas transportation vehicles
Chemical refineries and storage facilities
Chemical transportation vehicles
Liquefied petroleum (LPG) refineries and storage facilities
LPG transportation vehicles
Natural gas refineries and storage facilities
Natural gas transportation vehicles
Industrial plants (or anywhere the air contains chemicals or particles such as grain, dust, or metal powders)
Now the Shenzhen Jin YaTong Technology Co., Ltd has covered the shield devices to more than 80 countries and regions, which has a higher market share in the asean countries, the Middle East, Britain, France. It mainly applied in :anti-terrorism 、VIP security team 、The wild command combat troops 、Safety meeting 、Prison communication security intelligence integration, etc 。
Jin YaTong technology ‘s wide and rich experience, and together with our professional knowledge ,which enables us to provide every customer with the most professional solutions. At present ,the shield devices of the Shenzhen Jin YaTong Technology Co., Ltd ,from the low power to every road of hundreds of watts of high power,which all can be deployed in the global hottest desert, tropical wet environment, and extremely cold region.
Due to the prisoners and the terrorist groups are improving their techniques and tools, We will be constantly update the best solutions.our security experts are constantly tracking and analylizing the changes and trends of market ,developing and customizing systems according to the requirements of clients and complex task .
Add: Room A1403, Niulanqian Building, Minzhi Ave., Longhua, Bao'an District, shenzhen.
• Armenia : legal
• Australia: illegal to operate, supply or possess
• Belgium: illegal to sell, possess and operate (licensed part of the spectrum).
• Canada: illegal, except by federal law-enforcement agencies who have obtained approva
• People's Republic of China: Used by the Education government department as a method of thwarting cheating in schools. During major end of year exams, mobile phone jammers are used in areas surrounding high schools to prevent students inside from receiving calls or text messages, which may be used for illicit purposes. In some municipalities however, rather than the use of jammers, mobile signal towers close to schools are temporarily shut down for the duration of the week as exams are in progress.
• Czech Republic: illegal.
• Denmark: illegal.
• Egypt: illegal.
• Finland: illegal.
• France: France legalized cell-phone jammers in (movie) theaters and other places with performances in 2004. Abandoned due to complaints regarding emergency calls. Still legally used inside jails.
• Germany: illegal, but installation in jails has been proposed.
• India: legal, Government, Religious Places, Prisons and Educational Institutions use jammers.
• Iran: illegal to operate for civilians but allowed for police forces and military. It is however legal to own such units, which can be bought in electronic markets without a licence. In most jails, libraries and university classrooms such jammers are already in use. In the 2009–2010 Iranian election protests, police forces used cellphone and Bluetooth jammers.
• Ireland: illegal to operate. Legally used inside prisons by the Irish Prison Service.
• Italy: technically not illegal to own, but illegal to operate, since the Italian law specifically prohibits the disturbing of radio and telephone communications. GSM jammers are however legal to be used in places like hospitals, churches, movie theatres and other places with performances, and other buildings where and when the use of mobile telephones may result in a leak of sensitive information: on such occasions, jammers are legal as long as their operation doesn't interfere with electronic medical equipment (such as pace-makers) and allows mobile phones to make emergency calls. Tri-Band Jammers are reserved to, and in use with, the police forces and are being experimented in prisons.
• Japan: illegal to use, but legal to own. Buying of mobile short range versions is allowed. Use of fixed high output jammers with long range is illegal, with fines of up to max $250,000USD and/or 5 years in prison.
• Mexico: legal inside jails, often used also in churches and hospitals.
• New Zealand: Illegal to sell, manufacture or use.Legal inside jails by department of corrections.
• Norway: illegal to own and operate. The police and the military can use jammers in situations in which it is necessary.
• Pakistan: It's Illegal to Operate a Jammer without the N.O.C from Ministry of Interior and Ministry of Telecom, Further State bank of Pakistan banned the installation of same in Banks, PTA (Pakistan Telecom Authority's Enforcement Division contonously monitors and receives complaints and takes actions to remove Jammers which are installed without N,O.C.
• Poland: legal to trade and own, while not operational; illegal to use in public (licensed part of the spectrum); illegal to cause interference to 3rd party communication (without notice and permission); legal to use on own property with small power (both above clauses apply).
• Slovakia: illegal.
• Sweden: illegal. Legal inside jails and for military use.
• Switzerland: illegal.
• Turkey: illegal. Only the police and the military use jammers.
• Ukraine: legal, planned to be used in schools
• United Kingdom: illegal to use, but legal to own. Installation in jails has been proposed
• United States: Cell phone blocking devices are used by federal officials under certain circumstances. Privacy rights of property owners may affect the policy and application of law within buildings. The FCC may issue a permit that waives the law for private use. For radio communications, it is illegal to operate, manufacture, import, or offer for sale, including advertising (Communications Act of 1934).Blocking radio communications in public can carry fines of up to $11,000 or imprisonment of up to one year.
Cell phone jammers work by creating a "dead zone" in the immediate vicinity of the device, which temporarily blocks the signals that make cell phone transmission possible. Most commercially marketed cell phone jammers are small enough to fit in the palm of a hand or in a pocket. The tradeoff is that their range is limited to an average 50 to 80 feet. Larger and more powerful cell phone jammers have a range that can be measured in miles.
Jamming devices overpower the cell phone by transmitting a signal on the same frequency and at a high enough power that the two signals collide and cancel each other out. Cell phones are designed to add power if they experience low-level interference, so the jammer must recognize and match the power increase from the phone.
Cell phones are full-duplex devices, which means they use two separate frequencies, one for talking and one for listening simultaneously. Some jammers block only one of the frequencies used by cell phones, which has the effect of blocking both. The phone is tricked into thinking there is no service because it can receive only one of the frequencies.
Less complex devices block only one group of frequencies, while sophisticated jammers can block several types of networks at once to head off dual-mode or tri-mode phones that automatically switch among different network types to find an open signal. Some of the high-end devices block all frequencies at once, and others can be tuned to specific frequencies.
To jam a cell phone, all you need is a device that broadcasts on the correct frequencies. Although different cellular systems process signals differently, all cell-phone networks use radio signals that can be interrupted. GSM, used in digital cellular and PCS-based systems, operates in the 900-MHz and 1800-MHz bands in Europe and Asia and in the 1900-MHz (sometimes referred to as 1.9-GHz) band in the United States. Jammers can broadcast on any frequency and are effective against AMPS, CDMA, TDMA, GSM, PCS, DCS, iDEN and Nextel systems. Old-fashioned analog cell phones and today's digital devices are equally susceptible to jamming.
The actual range of the jammer depends on its power and the local environment, which may include hills or walls of a building that block the jamming signal. Low-powered jammers block calls in a range of about 30 feet (9 m). Higher-powered units create a cell-free zone as large as a football field. Units used by law enforcement can shut down service up to 1 mile (1.6 km) from the device.
A teacher, or the prison, more and more ares are considering the legal use of cell jammers, it has been a necessity of our daily life, I have got one from jammerall.com for my family. so if you want to get one, you can go and visit it for more details. share with you!
It is understandable the device is made ilegal in so many areas. But i do insist that there should be more exception to the ban to allow authorized using of cell phone jammer, wifi jammer, gps jammer etc, since it does work to bring more efficiency in many areas. jammerall.com
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)