Welcome to the Legal Forums! Please Register For Free Now!

At the Legal Forums members stay up to date on what is legal, new laws and state laws. Legal Forum members can read about legal definitions, weird laws, legal rights, legal services and law answers.

The Legal Forums have over 42,000+ Legal Forum members and 45,000+ Legal Forum posts! Please register on the Legal Forums for free today! Registration will give you full access to the Legal Forums and takes just a moment to complete. We welcome you to our Legal Forum community! Please Join Us Right Now!
View RSS Feed



Rate this Entry
My daughter is 16 and pregnant by her 18 year old exboyfriend. Is there anything legally I can do?

Also, he has been telling his friends that she cheated on him and is a whore. He posted it to facebook that she was a cheater. I emailed his parents and told them that if he said another word about my daughter I was going to have him put in jail. Did I jsut do a stupid thing and harass them?
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags


  1. hum2187's Avatar
    depending on what state you live in the laws regarding ages of consent change. For example in Tennessee, the age of consent is 15, and it is okay to have sex with a man over the age of 18 but only if the difference in age is less than 4 years. so 3 years 364 days... Most states, I believe, Have the age of consent 16, though this boy is 18, it is only 2 years age difference. I would say you ought to look at the specifics of the state you live in and see for sure. But if she is planning on keeping the child sue him for child support. He will be made to take a paternity test and then he can stop running his mouth.