Welcome to the Legal Forums! Please Register For Free Now!

At the Legal Forums members stay up to date on what is legal, new laws and state laws. Legal Forum members can read about legal definitions, weird laws, legal rights, legal services and law answers.

The Legal Forums have over 42,000+ Legal Forum members and 45,000+ Legal Forum posts! Please register on the Legal Forums for free today! Registration will give you full access to the Legal Forums and takes just a moment to complete. We welcome you to our Legal Forum community! Please Join Us Right Now!
View RSS Feed


17 year old wanting to live with non biological parent michigan laws

Rate this Entry
I am currently 17 and my mom just recently took me away from my non biological dad who has raised me almost my entire life and I do not want to live with her anymore she had told me that her lawyer said I could not go back there or even have contact with me. What do have to do to leave my moms and go back where I was happy?
Tags: laws, minor Add / Edit Tags


  1. hum2187's Avatar
    you're 17, the age in most states regarding a child choosing which parent he/she wants to live with ranges from 12-14. Unless there are any judgments, restraining orders, you can mosey your way back over there. May I ask what her motivation is after all these years to have you in her home and so near to your "adulthood"?