True or false: is this really a law?
There are a lot of strange laws in the world, and the state of Colorado has its fair share. Local laws vary from town to town, but Iíve listed a few of the strangest Colorado laws next to a few fake ones. See if you can figure out which laws are fake and which ones are strangely true. The answers to what you can legally do in Colorado are listed below.
1. In Denver, Colorado it is illegal for Barber's to give massages to nude customers unless it is for instructional purposes.
2. In Arvada, Colorado it is unlawful to post street signs with grammatical errors.
3. In Aurora, Colorado is it illegal to have live animals participate in holiday parades.
4. In Denver, Colorado it is unlawful to lend your vacuum cleaner to your next door neighbor.
5. It is against the law in Pueblo, Colorado, to raise or permit a dandelion to grow within the city limits.
6. In Highland Ranch, Colorado you cannot legally paint your house orange without permission from the county.
7. It is illegal for a man to kiss a woman while she is asleep in Logan County, Colorado.
8. In Vail, Colorado it is illegal to consume ice-cream while riding a public transit vehicle.
9. It is illegal to wear hats on Sunday within 300 feet of a religious institution in Larimer County, Colorado
10. In Sterling cats may not run loose without having been fit with a tail light.
1. True- How and why this law came about I have no idea- but my real question is: why would you need instructions on how to massage a nude patron if you canít legally do so except in an instructional situation?
4. True- I suggest you buy two vacuum cleaners just in case one breaks down and you donít feel like breaking this strange law in order to tidy up for guests.
5. True- Puebliansí take gardening seriously. Donít mess with them or you may find all of their rogue dandelions in your home town as vengeance.
7. True- How is this law legally upheld without the use of stalkers or Orwellian cameras?
10. True- This strange law borders on animal cruelty towards cats... yet holds a hint of animal kindness towards coyotes who can now track their dinner down with ease.